Saturday, November 14, 2015

Baby Registry and then some...


Since it's getting near and the baby shower is fast approaching, Baby Registry is something to prepare for - Well, I guess that's what you do here in the States and other Countries, but from where I came from, registry is something that is unheard of or maybe it is but only for the Rich and Famous.



What do I really think about this?

I have zero complain about opening a registry, in fact for me it might help those people who are willing to give something on your shower.

It bothers me that there are some people who gets upset when they don't get what they put on their registry or someone might have purchase it but did not mark it off the list. Makes me sad for them, how are you complaining when this is something that you should be thankful. There's a lot of people out there who can't even afford a diaper, and you're getting all these items for free. Why can't we just be grateful? If you truly don't like the item or you already have one, might as well, sell or maybe try to exchange it or maybe do something for it to make it useful, give it to someone who need it. I'm certainly not use to people complain about such things when there's always solution. I also overheard someone complaining, that "they are getting free food, and they can't even make the gift right." This one is really upsetting. For me a shower is something that people want to do for you to celebrate your pregnancy and your baby. Having people you care celebrating it with you is already a nice gesture, gifts are just "icing on the cake". Gifts should be given wholeheartedly. They can be there and not bring me anything and I'm still gonna be thankful that they are there to show some love. In this busy world, time is precious and for them to give their time for you is already a gift.

It amazes me how people are getting upset over silly things. Is this what you call First World Problems?

I know some do plan their own showers and might be expecting something specially with all the planning and money they put in it. But is being upset of not getting what you wanted really the way to go? What if those people, can't even afford what you have in your registry at that moment, or they found something less expensive. Why can we just look into the other person's perspective and be realistic.


I think that we should all just be grateful of what we have at this moment, there's a lot of people in this world who will never experience such kindness.

1 comment:

  1. That is so true! It's good to have a registry but some are so ungrateful. I had a lot of younger people at my shower and untold them to just bring diapers because they were the cheapest and I knew some of them couldn't afford anything else.

    ReplyDelete