Saturday, September 6, 2014

If Only...

Two words means nothing but put together means a lot "If Only..."

One night, as I drove myself home to work. I pass by this small bridge and saw a tiny animal passing through. I wasn't sure what it was at first, It was pretty dark already and all I can see is a tiny black animal stopping on the other side. As I pass, I've notice it was a tiny dog. I'm pretty sure it was a dog, it looked at me for a moment and I saw a collar hanging on its neck. I wanted to stop, to get a closer look and find the dog's owner but I didn't, caught up with people behind my back, and the fear of not knowing that particular area specially at night time, scared me. One thought in my mind was, I hope someone would pull over, someone who live close by. Then as I continue driving, I hoped for someone to stop for that poor dog.

As I got home, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I prayed that hopefully someone found that poor thing, I slept on it and wake up the next day. As I drove myself to work, I once again pass by that road. Then, I had a bad feeling, as I was getting closer to that same spot I saw a tiny dark thing lying in the middle of the road. THE HORROR! It was the tiny dog laying lifeless in the middle of the hwy. I felt like crying, guilt stricken for what happened. I felt so bad, that I decided using another road to/from work.

My heart is still filled with sadness every time I think about that poor dog. I can't even begin to imagine if that was mine.

I never shared this to anyone until today, I was covered with guilt knowing that an innocent life has been taken away. I could have done more to save that animal's life but I got scared and for that it will always be at the back of my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment