Saturday, August 4, 2012

Coast Guard Day!

Today (August 4, 2012), marks the 222nd Birthday of the United States Coast Guard.
Thank you to all the Men and Women of CG including my husband (My Coastie)

Photo by me: CG Flag inside our home
I'm new to this CG Life but so far it's been good to me. What I love about it? the moving part, maybe some of you might think it's weird but, I'm really used to moving. All my life it's been like constant move and I love traveling so that really helps a lot. I am very much thankful to have a supportive and understanding husband despite the busy schedules and I'm also happy that he enjoys what he's doing.

Looking forward for more years with the Coast Guard. ^_^


About the US Coast Guard:

The Coast Guard is one of the oldest organizations of the federal government and until Congress established the Navy Department in 1798 it served as the nation's only armed force afloat.  The Coast Guard protected the nation throughout its long history and served proudly in every one of the nation's conflicts.  The Coast Guard's national defense responsibilities remain one of its most important functions even today.  In times of peace it operates as part of the Department of Homeland Security, serving as the nation's front-line agency for enforcing the nation's laws at sea, protecting the marine environment and the nation's vast coastline and ports, and saving life.  In times of war, or at the direction of the President, the Coast Guard serves as part of the Navy Department. 

The Coast Guard's motto is Semper Paratus, meaning "Always Ready"

No comments:

Post a Comment